Magnetic Shaving Derby is free for the rest of the year. Yay! Thanks so much to everyone who played it, wrote nice things about it, sent me emails, LOL’d at it and all :D You make it worthwhile. <3
The overall MSD WINNAR of the year is Peevey, who managed the completely insane score of 46 MILLION in Score Attack mode. I still don’t know how he did it. My best so far is 29 mil! Nice work dude!
Here are some of my favourite iOS things of the year…
* Spirit by Marco Mazzoli. Lovely arcadey game where you encircle enemies in big vectory bubbles.. chilled but tense.
* So Long Oregon by Captain Games. Poubelle has dysentery and everyone else is dead, but let’s keep on wagoning all the way to El Dorado!
* Brickadelic by Alpha72. Trippiest, beautifullest brick breaking game in the world. Might be my favourite iPad game.
* Frogatto by Lost Pixel. 2D platformer…big nonlinear world. Lovely art and vibe. Mega quality.. feels like a snes game or something.
* DoDonPachi Resurrection and EspGaluda II by Cave. ZAPZAPZAPZAPZAP!
* Sword and Poker 2 by GAIA. Fun card game with a skimpy RPG clothes on. Really good.
* SunVox by Zolotov Alexander. Amazing modular softsynth/tracker (music making program!). Like having Jeskola Buzz in your pocket.
* Reactable Mobile by Reactable. Another music program, but this one is for live performance. Very cool and odd.
* Minotaur Rescue by Llamasoft. Not actually out yet but I got to beta test it. Awesome oldschool shooty asteroids game with subtle trippiness. Like playing an Atari 2600 in a dream.
(2 years ago) ... View comments